Kindergarten 100 Book Challenge!
One of the most important components of our Kindergarten 100 Book Challenge is YOU! In addition to daily practice of letters, letter sounds, sight words, we ask that you spend 10-15 minutes every evening reading to or with your child. This reading time should be fun and enjoyable! These books should be easy for you Kindergartener to read. If they get stuck on a word…encourage your kindergartener to look at the picture clue and/or get their mouth ready to say the first sound.
These night session are a great time to connect with your child about his/her day, enjoy some snuggle time and watch your child develop into a reader!
Here’s how you do it!
- Create reading rituals and read together every day!
- Snuggle up close with at least one books and read for 10-15 minutes.
- Talk about the pictures and ask questions.
- Read with expression and enthusiasm.
- Initial for each book your child reads.
- Return the books to your child’s take-home folder.
What to do if the book is too hard:
- You read the book to the child and discuss the story.
- Point out Kindergarten words while you are reading.
Thank you for your support at home!